About the module
This module will look at emerging trends and best practice in data management, quality assessment and IPR issues
We will look at policies regarding data management and their implementation, particularly in the framework of a Research Infrastructure
By the end of this module, you should be able to:
- Understand and describe the FAIR Principles and what they are used for
- Understand and describe what a Data Management Plan is, and how they are used
- Understand and explain what Open Data, Open Access and Open Science means for researchers
- Describe best practices around data management
- Understand and explain how Research Infrastructures interact with and inform policy on issues around data management
You can progress through this module in the order in which we present the various sections. However, this is merely a suggestion as to how you might approach this topic. You might choose to skip certain sections depending on your level of previous knowledge in that area. You can navigate this via the menu on the lefthand side.
Each section has a set of resources and tools that you might find useful, as well as a list of items that we recommend for further reading around the subject.